Look Mama Im Goin’ Fast
Meet our Prodrive Subaru WRX STI Rally Car. I wanted to do something to compete in my other offroad love… RALLY RACING. But doing 120 mph in a $250,000 car which could plummet into a tree at any second was kinda out of our price range. So we decided to build the ultimate prepared SCCA Rally Cross competitor that was still fully streetable. It’s offroad. It’s fast. It’s not likely to have you end up in a hospital.
When looking at rally or any type of Subaru Wrx performance there is only one choice in our mind for performance mods… Prodrive. If you don’t know who they are, hit that link… we will wait. Welcome back! They are the company that built all of the award winning Rally Cars for Subaru and piloted by legendary drivers like Colin McRae.
I happened across a little known concept they did for the US market called the Prodrive Pro-400x… and fell in love. So I sourced a Prodrive Stage III tuner kit, their alignment specs, and a host of other parts and started cutting, hacking, and tweaking.
What parts went in?
- Prodrive Up-Pipe
- Prodrive Race Cat Downpipe
- Prodrive Mid Pipe
- Prodrive Round Tip Muffler
- Prodrive Wastegate Restritor Pill
- Prodrive Tune (19.1 PSI @ 2650 RPM -7,000 RPM)
- ACT Streetlight Chromoly Flywheel
- Whiteline Steering Rack and Transmission Bushings
- Koyo Aluminum Radiator
- STI Intercooler & Hood Scoop
- STI Intercooler Sprayers
- Turbo XS Recirculating Bypass Valve
- STI JDM Grille
- Cusco Catch Can
- AEM Cold air Intake
- Turbo Blanket and other heat management
- Electrical and Grounding Upgrades
- Cobb Hollow Swayers and Bushings with Whiteline Endlinks
- KYB GR2 Struts with King Racing 1.5″ lift springs
- STI Aluminum Lower Control Arms
- Stoptech Brakes
- Sparco Terra Wheels
- Rally Innovations Light Bar – with Hella Driving Lights
- Primitive Racing Skid Plates
- JDM Sti v7 Seats (because they are a much tighter fit and stronger bolster than USDM seats)… and probably a few things we forgot.
The test and tune went amazing. This thing will pull hard 90’s at 75mph sideways without any loss of control. Its easily triple digit capable, and literally pinpoint accurate, with throttle that can be treated like a light switch.
0-60 best recorded time was 4.1 seconds
1/4 mile time was 12.8
Dyno was 261.9 WHP 242 lb/ft Torque
Once we get out to some SCCA races stand by for some awesome rally footage… assuming we don’t wreck it lol.
Our thread on YOUNTO.com ==> Click Here